Ezra Vision Ministries exists to build up the Body of Christ through discipleship, evangelism, short-term mission support, and efforts predominantly in Haiti. A
Ministry of Hope for women, children, and the disadvantaged whom the Lord has called us to minister to bring out of darkness into His marvelous light.
WHO WE ARE: A body of baptized believers in Christ who are dedicated to the second portion of the Great Commission to
make disciples of all nations, (Matthew 28:19, TNIV).
WHY WE EXIST: In today's Church Age, we are the
some of them who were identifed in Acts 11:20,
But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus,(NIV). We are committed to serving God through short-term mission support and efforts predominantly in Haiti, to see Haitians physically, socially, mentally, and spiritually equipped to live productively and to rebuild Haiti.
WHAT WE DO: Minister to the people of Haiti by serving their basic needs and assisting displaced Haitians create a place they truly call
home, through a systematic and coordinated effort to establish and build out the local and national infrastructure. The focus is on:
1. Educational Enrichment: To develop generations of responsible, educated, and God-fearing Haitians who are fully capable of governing themselves and able to care for themselves and their family members. To graduate students, on a yearly basis, who have strong Christian values, character, and understanding and the confidence to know that
He who has begun a good work in you will carry it on to completion, (Philippians 1:6, NIV).
2. Economic Empowerment: To develop an economically sound Haitian population that is capable and responsible for working to subsist, and not become dependent or co-dependent upon social aid as their only source of income. To apply faith-based values to help those who cannot help themselves by providing a hand up; not a hand-out. To create economic conditions where Haitians are given the opportunity to build their economic and social environment.
3. Physical Capabilities: To provide mobile medical teams to conduct mobile medical clinics for the people of Haiti who are unable to receive the proper medical attention and care. To focus initially on the general physical well-being, optical and dental care for Haitians living in displaced camps and poor living conditions.
4. Spiritual/Discipleship Development: To fulfill the Great Commission through short-term missionary work and discipleship development. The true emphasis is on the entire church body, as characterized in Acts 11:20, 1 Corinthians 12, and particularly Ephesians 2:10,
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
WHERE: Chambrun (Thomazeau), Haiti and Onaville, Haiti
Haiti lost over 300,000 people after the earthquake in 2010. Haiti is the most vulnerable of all the Caribbean countries when it comes to extreme weather events. What would pass as a rain shower in the Dominican Republic leads to major flooding in Haiti. In the last five decades, more than 98 percent of the country's forest has been lost. Floodwaters can come down the mountains like a snow avalanche. Tons of garbage and contaminants are breeding grounds for disease.
Haiti has the:
The socio, economic, and political climate of Haiti presents a reciprocal problem for the people of the United States as well as Haiti. The causes of poverty that are prevalent in Haiti are probable predictors of outside influences that can deplete the human and intellectual capital of a country.
Some of the noticeable causes of poverty in Haiti are:
Follow the biblical example Paul established to plant churches, develop disciples, and spread the Gospel to the Haitian people to bring them out of darkness into the marvelous light.
1. Discipleship and Stewardship Development:
Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, and attend to your herds; For riches are not forever, nor does a crown endure to all generations. When the hay is removed, and the tender grass shows itself, and the herbs of the mountains are gathered in, The lambs will provide your clothing and the goats the prices of a field. You shall have enough goats' milk for your food, for the food of your household, and the nourishment of your maidservants, (Proverbs 27:23-27, NIV). We will develop leaders through Biblically-based and focused objectives; 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
2. Accountability: We will be accountable to each other, particularly in handling finances, with integrity according to the highest business standards--
As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend, (Proverbs 27:17, NIV).
3. Transparency: We will always tell the truth and be thoroughly honest, particularly in reporting statistics and finances--
Whoever keeps the fig tree will eat its fruit; so he who waits on his master will be honored, (Proverbs 27:18, NIV).
4. Integrity: Everything will be done with integrity in mind and throughout our dealings internal and external to Ezra Vision Ministries. Our conduct in speech, actions, and dealings with others will be consistent with Biblical principles.
5. Help Up, Not Hand Out: While we are a charitable organization, our fundamental goal and vision is to help the disadvantaged realize, recognize, and respond to their current conditions in a manner that is pleasing and acceptable to God.
6. Reciprocity: As we minister to the people of Haiti, not only will their spiritual development become stronger, but also the reciprocal effect on the individual disciples will be tremendous. One of the missionairies in Chambrun, Haiti stated,
We are not here to save Haiti; Haiti is here to save us! The expectation is the missionaries will return with a story liken to the disciples who returned to Jesus in Luke 10:1-24.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Ezra Vision Ministries (EVM) is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit organization. All contributions to EVM are income tax deductible in the U.S.A. and are made with the understanding that EVM has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU: We will always seek out the most cost-effective way to use your gift. We will send you a receipt for your gift. EVM values and honors the privacy of its financial partners by establishing an environment of trust and safety. Information about our ministry partners and prospective partners, including names, addresses, credit card information, and gift amounts is kept strictly confidential by all authorized staff personnel unless permission is obtained in writing from the donor to release such information. Such information shall be recorded and retained only for the private, business use of the organization.
EVM seeks to maintain appropriate measures to ensure the security of donor information, including the use of locked files, computer passwords, and by the regular shredding and disposal of unessential printed partner records. All ministry and remote field offices of EVM will follow the same guidelines, including security of their laptop, and handheld computers.