Follow the biblical example Paul established to plant churches, develop disciples, and spread the Gospel to the Haitian people to bring them out of darkness into the marvelous light.
1. Discipleship and Stewardship Development:
Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, and attend to your herds; For riches are not forever, nor does a crown endure to all generations. When the hay is removed, and the tender grass shows itself, and the herbs of the mountains are gathered in, The lambs will provide your clothing and the goats the prices of a field. You shall have enough goats’ milk for your food, for the food of your household, and the nourishment of your maidservants, (Proverbs 27:23-27, NIV). We will develop leaders through Biblically-based and focused objectives; 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
2. Accountability: We will be accountable to each other, particularly in handling finances, with integrity according to the highest business standards–
As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend, (Proverbs 27:17, NIV).
3. Transparency: We will always tell the truth and be thoroughly honest, particularly in reporting statistics and finances–
Whoever keeps the fig tree will eat its fruit; so he who waits on his master will be honored,(Proverbs 27:18, NIV).
4. Integrity: Everything will be done with integrity in mind and throughout our dealings internal and external to Ezra Vision Ministries. Our conduct in speech, actions, and dealings with others will be consistent with Biblical principles.
5. Help Up, Not Hand Out: While we are a charitable organization, our fundamental goal and vision is to help the disadvantaged realize, recognize, and respond to their current conditions in a manner that is pleasing and acceptable to God.
6. Reciprocity: As we minister to the people of Haiti, not only will their spiritual development become stronger, but also the reciprocal effect on the individual disciples will be tremendous. One of the missionairies in Chambrun, Haiti stated,
We are not here to save Haiti; Haiti is here to save us! The expectation is the missionaries will return with a story liken to the disciples who returned to Jesus in Luke 10:1-24.